Thursday 29 March 2012

"Yellow Army!!"

Back in the day, my Dad was a professional football player. He played for Barnet FC and had a trial with Chelsea FC at one point also. Even with this heritage, he's NEVER taken me to a football match...
So Tom took me. To see Watford play Ipswich... And it was literally brilliant!!

The weather was perfect! I dressed in suitable Watford colour as you can see in the above picture (H&M red polkadot skirt, £3 charity shop find in Tring - get in!) 



And made sure I did all the traditional things: I had a horrible, horrible sausage roll, cheered obscenities, and became a football expert when I shouted at our team: "Omg, what are y'doing?! PASS IT!!" Muahaha...

 I thought Harry the Hornet was especially funny, and bless his enthuiasm throughout the game. 





The funniest thing though was this: 1st half, Ipswich were 1-0 up, and Watford were playing abysmally. This is what we heard behind us in the crowd:

Fan #1: "Pay £30 to get in and this is what they give us."
Fan #2: "What an f***ing joke, total waste of time."
...etc.
But during half time, the manager obviously gave them all a big kick up the bottom, and we went on to win 2-1:
Fan #1: "I love them! I love those boys!!"
Fan #2: "Always knew they would win, I always said they would!!"
Hilarious!
 Have you been to a football match?? Who did you see play?? Was it a good'un??
BB xx

No comments:

Post a Comment