Friday 30 March 2012

Up In The Loft: Part 1

My parents moved out of our family home last year to take on a pub on a lease, and now finally my grandparents - who lived at the top of our railway garden in a chalet - are moving out too into their new home in Tring, but in the meantime they're practically camping out in our old house, and packing up what they don't need. Heroically, my granddad moved all of our possessions out of the loft and down into my brother's old bedroom, and now begins the task of sorting through it all and deciding what goes where.

The obvious solution for a large chunk of it is to bin it - amazingly, my mum and dad have kept every single piece of work, every single notebook, workbook, certificate... since my brother and I began nursery! And I would LOVE to keep it all, but I simply have nowhere to store it now, and neither do my parents anymore. So I selected a few things to keep, and the rest is now in a dump site in Hemel. Really sad day, I was pretty cut up whilst doing all that. We had to do the same with many photographs too, but I made sure all the old ones of my family that look like they were taken by a polaroid camera were kept, and I think I have a project in mind for another time. 
We took photos out of frames, and all of those will be bootsaled, as well as two tennis raquets, an Ab-Machine, 3 room fans, Chelsea FC memorabilia, DVD's, a whole box of old vinyls, old vintage books, a nearly complete collection of Beatrix Potter books, and other things.
And so to my best find: A Kenwood Slow-Cooker...
My Dad has been threatening to buy me one for years, and now - just at the time I've started thinking how nice it would be to have one, especially with our 2nd £2-a day challenge coming up - I have one! Free of charge!
I estimate there'll be a few more parts to this subject, as I found many an interesting treasure... Watch this space!

What's up in your loft?
BB xx

No comments:

Post a Comment