Saturday 31 March 2012

Oh, modern technology...

Another by-product of helping to clear out my parent's house is the millions of CD's and DVD's that they had there but will never, ever again listen to. I came home with two big shopping bags of them, and I've already got loads myself that I never listen to. I'm very picky about those things; 'Shutter Island' was the last DVD I bought, because I went and saw it at the cinema 3 times, so I figured it was a good'un enough to purchase it. Same with CD's, although the majority of the time, people buy them for me as presents now. The last one was a Michelle Branch one that Tom got me.
So what to do with them all - I could charity shop them, but there are just SO MANY! Ebay seems pointless, I'd get barely anything for them, and plus listing them all is a pain in the bottom.
This is shameless, free advertising, and no one's paying me to do so, but I have just put through about 122 CD's and DVD's on Music Magpie, and made myself £60! Ok, so I had to type in 122 barcodes, but with a cup of tea and the Corrie omnibus on in the background, it was done nice and quick. And, because I listed over 50 items, I get a free courier service to come and pick them up from my house!! Amazing!
Don't judge me: the 'This Is Folk' triple-disc box was a badly judged gift!
I really recommend it, as now I've got some extra cash for our savings, and that makes me feel all the better what with tomorrow being the start of our 2nd £2-a day venture.
Have a nice weekend!
BB xx

No comments:

Post a Comment