Thursday 29 March 2012

Find a Happy Place

The weather has been absolutely glorious of late, I'm dreading the day I wake up and look outside and I'm not greeted by sunshine!! On my day off on Tuesday I sat outside from 10am until 5pm basking in the rays... admittedly without decent protection though, and I burned my shoulders and nose somewhere (Lesson to be learned there, children). I'm making full use of our garden space this year - we share the garden with our landlord, and we have our own patio area that my parents bought me a table and two chairs for last year. I've been adding little laterns and mobiles to it, and now in the sunny daytime, and in the warm evenings we're being treated to at the moment, we have our happy place at home:
 It's perfect because the sun hits it from first thing in the morning and gradually goes around 4.30pm.
Blue lantern: present from Tom's sister
Seashell mobile: made by moi from shells from Brighton beach.
Jar tealight: made by moi from an old coffee jar and black lace (oooo naughty). All those lanterns and tea lights look gorgeous in the evenings - Tom and I have taken to playing 'shithead' (card game, with a rather distasteful name, sadly!) out there and it's really calming.
Additionally, happy places can be places you weren't expecting, and you can in fact BUY a little piece of happiness to go with you. I present: Mr Simm's Sweet Shop! New to Berkhamsted:
...AND LOOK:
We didn't buy any though, because they're imported and so therefore £10 a box!!!! But we DID buy a packet of chocolate and peanut butter M&M's, and a Tootsie Roll, which was actually a little disappointing, but it doesn't matter, because it's from a HAPPY PLACE!!!

Where's YOUR happy place??
BB xx

No comments:

Post a Comment