Sunday 11 March 2012

Wedding Favours

What lovely Sunday morning weather to be creative in!
So far I've cleared out and totally rearranged my sewing basket - everything now has it's absolute place, including sandwich bags for my patches for my patchwork quilt project - keeps them nice and flat - a bag of hessian, a box for all beas, buttons and ribbons, and so forth. Love it!
Before I did that though, I worked on my project for my friend's upcoming wedding. Her hen night is next weekend, and part of the festivities is a glass-painting session. A year ago, said-friend and I were talking about wedding ideas, and we got straight on to notonthehighstreet.com as they have so many unique, beautiful and bespoke wedding gifts and accessories on there. We found a maker of glass jars with penny sweets in and you could personalize them with your names on, the wedding date etc. Lovely, but expensive per jar. There and then we decided we'd do it ourselves, and over the last year we've collected over 100 jars of varying sizes, with their lids, and all has been made easier by asking others to collect jars for us too. 
Next week we'll be painting them in a specially supervised class with a tutor, and we are planning to fill them, seal them and write tags for each jar.
I found 100 stringed mainlla labels on ebay for £5 (that's including the p&p) and they arrived yesterday - speedy!! This has been my early morning project:
Buttons, manilla tags and glue...

Will make lots and lots of...

...These!!!
I think they look gorgeous! I just used glue to stick the buttons on, all in the same corner, and altogether they look stunning!! These will have gold and silver writing on them, probably with their names and the date, and the person who's seat they'll belong to at the dinner tables.
Such a cool effect when they're all laid down together!
Have you ever made part of your wedding yourself? Be it the invites, the cake, the dress??

Love BB xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment