Wednesday 16 October 2013

Stamp Duty #1: My Homemade Wedding Invites

It was 6 months last Friday until I get to marry my man! Time to get the invites out in the post...
I have always planned to make my wedding invitations, just because it was a labour of love I was always really keen to do. Don't get me wrong - there are some absolutely beautiful invites available online and some priced very reasonably, but it wouldn't have been right if I hadn't made them myself. That's just me :)

I bought blank ready-made cards and envelopes from Hobbycraft, in the same colour as I made the save the date cards. My theme is peacock feathers, so I found two stamps that I could use for the fronts and insides of the cards.
This stamp was bought off eBay for £16. The detail in the feather is really stunning!

This was a smaller feather stamp from Hobbcraft, £2.99
I thought originally I would handwrite all of the cards, but after some initial trial runs, I felt that even my handwriting wasn't quite neat enough! Simple solution: Print out in Microsoft word, and trim to fit inside the cards. I used pinking shears to match the ragged edges of the cards.




As for the front, the peacock feather stamp on it's own didn't quite cut it. Cue this wonderful seller, again on eBay, and a personalised stamp!
I am so pleased with this! Also, it came in super-speedy time, too! I highly recommend, and if you fancy doing the same, you will find his eBay shop HERE!

All lined up and nearly ready to go in their envelopes, they look like they could have been made in a shop!



All ready to post... Just got a LOT of stamps to pay for now!! Weddings - expensive, hey?!


Well proud!

BB xx




No comments:

Post a Comment