Friday 18 October 2013

Brilliant No-Sew T-Shirt Hack

This is pure genius!! Get ready for this. I have had a mega crappy week, ending in a crappy Friday spent mostly on the sofa trying not to feel nauseous and watching awful tv. I'm painfully aware that I have less money than I would like as it's getting towards the end of the month, and I'm having a "fat" week where none of my clothes look good on me. NONE OF THEM!

Cue: Brit+ website, for loads and loads of craft projects, fashion hacks and home furnishing ideas. Whilst browsing, I came across this gem which was 25 No Sew projects, for those of you who can't even put a button back on a shirt. You know who you are...

Josie, blogger of Fine and Feathered (see her fabulous blog right here) came up with this:

DIY TSHIRT RESTYLE

Before
I came across this tee while thrifting this week and instantly grabbed it up! I adore the colors and the unique print. Unfortunately, it needed a little make-over. To start with, it had shoulder pads (seriously, dideverything have shoulder pads in the 80s??) which I promptly snipped out. I'm also not a huge fan of shirts that sit close to my neck, and since it was a size or two bigger than i normally wear I had plenty of material to play with.
So here we go!

Instructions

1&2. cut the neck of the tee wide like a boatneck (I cut the back part of the neck a little higher than the front) 3. from about a half inch away from where your neck cut ended, cut down and out through your sleeve 4. slit the small bit of shoulder left over and then double tie it 5. slit the leftover sleeve into shreds
And After....
After4

I hope tJosie won't mind me showing you her idea here - it was totally her brainwave! I absolutely love the effect... and not a single needle in sight!
So I had a go...
I sadly don't have a photographer like she does! But it's definitely brilliant - it's given what was quite a shapeless gym t-shirt a much more flattering neckline and the shredded sleeves are really good at hiding the fat bits at the top of your arms. 

Love it. And it literally took 5 MINUTES.

Do it!!
Also whilst you're at it, have a good look at the rest of the blogs on Brit+Co - there is enough to make you cry with tears of inspiration!!

BB xx

No comments:

Post a Comment