Wednesday 25 September 2013

To Geezer, my baby bro...

So this morning, my baby brother flew away to Australia. And I'm pleased he's going because it will absolutely be the making of him, I know it. He's had a pretty rough few months, and now he's sort of come through to the other side, he decided to go away and do something totally unlike him. Equally, I'm sad for him though, because of the people and the circumstances that drove him to feel like he had to leave everything behind. 
Really... You think you know someone, eh, bro?


Fair play to him. I could never, ever do what he's gone and done today. Far too scared and far too comfortable here. But then again, I have people here who love me and look after me, whereas - family aside - I don't think he felt he did anymore. I know Ollie has his faults and stuff, as do we all, but he never deserved what happened to him, and it's been heartbreaking seeing him so depressed for so long. I can't wait to see the first picture of him with someone pretty, with a good tan, and a proper smile back on his face!

We went out for his Bon Voyage meal yesterday in Berkhamsted - complete with cork hats and spoons (family joke, don't worry). I think he was a bit shell-shocked that he was going, to be honest, but excited too.

There's no deeper meaning to this blog today, people. I just wanted to find a way to show my bro that I really want him to be happy and to enjoy himself. When he finally gets to a computer and has a look, he'll see this, and I hope he knows I mean it all.

"Ollie, this is the best idea you've ever had, and it will pay off. You're going to meet so many awesome people, from all walks of life. You'll learn something from every single one of them and you'll become a better, all-rounded man for it. You'll forget all the shit you've had to put up with recently, and you'll create amazing new memories instead. You'll see incredible places and go to crazy events you won't have been to before. You'll drink... a lot! But just make sure you behave yourself a little bit, please!!

I love ya, little man. Enjoy yourself, lap up every minute of it...

I'm y'sister. And sometimes it's OK to get all emotional!!

...See you at my wedding in 199 days time :)

Han xxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment