Sunday 15 January 2012

£2-a day: Week 3

15th Jan:
Budget: £7.80
I had a lovely day at work today, for a change, and my client and I went swimming this morning. After work I went to a rehearsal for the Boxmoor Playhouse youth's production of Les Mis (on from 18th - 21st January if it floats y'boat...) and the pit band were treated to homemade cupcakes courtesy of one of the cast members, which were gorgeous!
Tom and I went for walk around St. Albans Abbey in the dark, but needed to pick up food items on the way home. As there were no supermarkets open, we had to make do with a petrol station, and spent nearly £5 on milk, bread and some chocolate Buttons :( Budget fail. Still, we were kindly given a £20 Asda card by my Mum this week, and that's definitely going to buy the rest of our groceries for the month. 

16th Jan:
Budget: £7.50
After a morning at work, I aquired £10 for taking Tom's Nan to the hospital - bless her, I tried to say no! - but then went and promptly spent it in Asda on things we needed, but managed to overspend by £3 because I went without a clear list, and also didn't take a lot of notice of labels and prices today. It made a big difference - if I'd gone with those two things, I would have spent half of what I actually spent. Naughty girl!!

17th Jan:
Budget: £6.00
Tonight was the dress rehearsal for Les Mis, and boy oh boy... interesting!! No money spent, so all good! We bought some bread on Sunday that tastes totally minging, even by frugal standards! So Tom made a beautiful bread and butter pudding with cream and sultanas. Flippin' gorgeous :) Am loving how his culninary skills are coming to light since beginning this experience!!

18th Jan:
Budget: £5.00
It's the simple things in life that make you happy... today we stuck two fingers up to the weather and packed a picnic of tuna sandwiches and a flask of Gool's homemade vegetable soup, and set off to Stanborough Lake for a walk and to feed the ducks the last of our bread loaf that was going stale. And it was ruddy brilliant! Didn't cost us a penny, and we got a load of chilly but refreshing cold air! Give it a go, y'all! Find your inner child!!!

19th Jan:
Budget: £7.00
I spent the entire day at work, so I haven't touched a penny of my budget again today!! We're out for a curry on Sunday with the work girls, so I might keep on saving it so I can have a glass of wine... or 3? Maybe a bottle?! I'm going to add anothe cushion to Folksy.com tomorrow if I finish it, watch this space!!

20th Jan:
Budget: £9.00
I used Mum's Asda card today so that Tom and I could treat ourselves to a fry up... yom!
Genius idea of mine came up on Tuesday night at Les Mis: the stage is swaddled in hessian bagging for the effect of the play, and there's too much around the band pit area, so Dan (our MD) asked a stage hand to cut it back. I got in there quick and took it from her, so that next month I can start doing rag rugging projects. I think after Saturday night's final performance I'll probably tear the stage apart... muahaha!


21st Jan:
Budget: £9.00
So I got into bed last night after another nail-biting evening playing through Les Miserables, all tucked up and getting off to sleep... when at 1.30am Tom comes in, visibly buzzing from having drunk 6 coffees and a beer at a Poker night in Tring with his friends, and tells me triumphantly that he WON the game and returned home £40 richer than when he left!! Satisfyingly, it will more than pay his allowance until the rest of the month! I also finished my stint at the playhouse tonight and got paid for that, but that's going into our savings account.

No comments:

Post a Comment