Sunday 8 January 2012

£2-a day: Week 2

8th Jan:
Budget:  £4.00
Had to do our 2nd ASDA shop of the year today, and we needed a few staple items such as butter again, bread, sugar, etc. My tip for the day is CEREAL: At the end of the day, those chocolately cereals that are all singing and dancing have the same calorie content as eating half a packet of cookies for your breakfast, and as well as being bloody expensive! ASDA sell their green&white branded bags of cereal for less than a £1, and so we've come home with easily one month's supply of corn flakes and coco pops. Well impressed! Again, a whole small trolley of food has cost us under £13, and we're well set for another week or so. Really impressed :)

9th Jan:
Budget: £2.00 
A truly horrendous day, personally, today. I had to go to my work's head office for a meeting, and on the way there I needed to fill up on petrol, but spent well over what I planned because I succumbed to a chocolate bar and an Innocent Smoothie to steady my nerves. Turns out they were well needed.

10th Jan:
Budget: £2.00
We finally have Broadband in our flat! WOOOOP! So now this thing is easier to update than ever!! Anyway, I managed to keep my whole budget today because I stayed indoors with said-Internet, surfing and chilling. We had dinner at Gool and Nibs' house tonight and were thoroughly spoiled - M&S Steak!!!! Luxury! We also left there with half a homemade apple pie, a bag of rags to use for my sewing, MORE buttons and Gool had dug out my old sewing box from when I was a teenager, which happens to have loads of thread and pins in it, which I really need. Good day :)

11th Jan:
Budget: £4.00
I have for you a perfect example of thoughtless, or sneaky, spending; coffee. Today was my first day as an Office Angel in our local Sports Centre, doing typing jobs and whatnot. I stupidly left home this morning without eating any breakfast, and by 11am my stomach was growling. To my dismay, there wasn't anything to pick at in this office, and so I looked into my purse and was happy to find £2 sitting there from yesterday. I walked down to the sports centre cafe, and ordered something to keep me going. A mocha was my poison of choice, mainly because the sheer amount of milk fills me up and the sugar keeps me zaney. £2.00. Right there. If I worked in that office full time, 5 days a week, I reckon I'd have up to 2 or 3 of those coffees a day, that's £30 a week on coffee...!!! Madness. Utter madness! I walked back to my desk and I made that goddamn mocha last me for two whole hours... it was more like a chocolate-coffee-gross milkshake by the end of my shift, but at least I have my pride. Right? RIGHT?! 

12th Jan:
Budget: £4.00
After yet another tough day work-wise, for us both (Tom's working like a monkey at the moment, bless him) we decided to treat ourselves to fish and chips for supper, and to make sure we were extra good we walked there in an attempt to burn off some extra calories before piling more on... Muaha! No free food,sadly. We'd hoped we'd go in and be offered some 5hr-old fish cakes for nothing on top of whatever we ordered, but the fish shop at Adeyfield had a que, so there was no added extras for us. I had saveloy and chips and Tom had battered sausage, and we sat and ate it on a bench in the shop square, serenaded with the sound of shouting chavs and police sirens. So romantic! By the way, budget-wise, it wasn't that cheap: £2.20.

13th Jan:
Budget: £3.80
Hurrah!! I'm now listed on Folksy.com under The World of Button Brown, go and check me out! Only one item up at the moment, as I'm a solo-worker, I don't have a huge turnover of stock to put out! But atleast I can brag that whatever you buy from me is a complete one-off! Our Friday night activity was swimming (for nothing again, thanks to our Sports Pass) and then we got veeeeeeeery drunk at home on two bottles of left over bubbly from Christmas - oh so classy!

14th Jan:
Budget: £5.80
Hangover central... bleeeeeeugh. I'm due at work later for a sleep-in, but before that I've got the rest of the afternoon and evening to sew, sew, sew. Going to pop down to Dunelm in a mo to buy felt (less than 50p a square) and have a look at the haberdashery for inspiration. 


No comments:

Post a Comment