Monday 24 March 2014

Quick Button Make: Magnets

I have been hunting in the charity shops in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire today and, as per usual, came back with some beauties!! My top tip for anyone just discovering charity shops when it comes to clothing or bric a brac or whatever is to head for the more affluent towns around, as the quality of goods tends to be a little better than the shops crammed with Tesco or Primark cast offs (not that there is anything wrong with that, but you get more designer brands if you go to places such as Berkhamsted!)
Today I found these buttons in Oxfam, and felt instantly drawn to them as they remind me of the expensive silver button keyring that I own. I figured their heaviness would make them perfect fridge magnets, and plan to maybe give them away on Mother's Day.

Here's how I did it...
You will need: silicone glue, or any other extra strong glue tube; magnets (available at most craft shops); any buttons you think will look pretty on your fridge!
As the buttons I bought have quite a deep hole in the back, I used silicone glue to fill them so that the magnet would fit on top of it and be flat against the fridge. For flat buttons, simply dab a blob of glue on to the back, and attach the magnet.

Et voila! Chunky, attractive magnets that cost a pack of magnets and buttons to make! I plan on displaying these on some manilla card tags and personalise them for people as gifts. Alternatively, they would look really pretty in an organza gift bag.

And that's why charity shops rule, and that's why I'm Button Brown, y'all!!

BB xx




No comments:

Post a Comment