Saturday 15 March 2014

Make Do and Hen Do!

So, if you haven't been around in a while, here's a quick update for you...
4 weeks yesterday until our WEDDING DAY!
1 week today until my 2nd Hen Party in Camden!

Squeak!!

*Calm...* So, quite a small amount of time now in which I still have plenty to do! But tonight on my to-do list was to make myself an apron to serve as the main focus of my hen party costume, which has to be themed around 1950's housewives. This is because, among my friends, I am the Ultimate Housewife! And I have the perfect book to inspire me. 
'The Vintage Tea Party Book' by Angel Adoree (yes, I know, what a name!) is home-made jam-packed with traditional tea party eats and drinks recipes, but the most brilliant part is the Style section; step-by-step tutorials in how to make fascinators, style your hair into Victory Rolls, make up guidance and party decor to make sure your party has that 1940's edge to it.
I am following her guide to making an apron - there are three styles to choose from in the book, all slight alterations on one basic pattern, so you could easily make all three if you wanted!
I've decided to go for the classic vintage Patisserie apron. I'm making it out of a 2nd hand tablecloth that I picked up in Oxfam a few weeks ago - £4.00 with four napkins in the same material, and loads leftover even after I made this tonight.


I'm so chuffed! It was really easy to follow, and I love the shape of the main apron. Apologies for not being able to post a better picture, there's no one else here to hold the camera for me! I added the little heart appliqué as I ended up using red thread on the machine by accident, so decided to put the heart on and make a feature of it!
I will be wearing a pencil skirt I have already and some sort of top tucked into the waist band as the rest of my costume. It would be wrong not to try and do a Victory Roll in my hair too, but I'll attempt that on the night with the girls around me to help me pin them in!

If you would like to try this apron make or read the rest of Angel's fabulous book, get yourself a copy of the book, and have a go at this and the other scrummy recipes!

Have a lovely weekend, everyone!

BB xx


(PLEASE NOTE: I am under no obligation to endorse products on this blog, and receive no recognition for this mention. Many thanks.)






No comments:

Post a Comment