Friday 29 November 2013

My Vintage Dream Come True!

So we're finally in our house!! It's been a mad few days, but we've got everything here now and have started to make it feel more like our home. There's a lot of decorating to be done and things to be put up on the walls, not to mention still quite a lot of deep cleaning, but it's getting there.
In the middle of all this madness, I had to take half an hour to go and make a little corner of it all mine to escape to later on. Last weekend we went around Hemel town centre for the last time and stopped by in the British Heart Foundation furniture shop. It's full of beautiful vintage (old!) furniture, but it's all really cheap and so unique. No flat pack, lifeless furniture here!! About a month previous to this, one of my best friends went into the same shop and came out with a gorgeous dressing table, complete with long mirror and little details on the draws and fittings. I FOUND MY OWN!
 Ok, ok, ok... It's not glorious looking on it's own without nice things around it. Plus it was pretty dusty. However, it was all original - the mirror and even the drawer lining which is pink floral paper in near perfect condition. So it came to our new home and is now in my bedroom, and with all my ablutions and potions on it, it looks like this...




At some point over the weekend I will be buying fairy lights to put around the mirror. I love that I have finally found a good use for my dyed doilies too (I have bought more recently... I think I may be obsessed...) Other than that, it's perfect!! I sat at it this morning and pampered myself - nothing fancy, but I felt really luxurious whilst I did my normal beauty routine!
The best part of this little slice of girly pleasure?? That old, original piece of furniture cost just £20. YUP. The same price we paid for our Chinese takeaway on our first night! BOOM!

BB xx

No comments:

Post a Comment