Friday 15 November 2013

BACON CAKE - The only cake for the man in your life

Happy Birthday, Tom!! 
29 today, and still goooooooooooooooorgeous! We've had a lovely day off together and just enjoying the winter sunshine and being happy. A birthday wouldn't be a birthday without cake though, but somehow this year a Victoria sponge just wasn't going to cut it.

A while ago, Tom came in and showed me this monstrosity on his iPad: 

It's known on the net as a Bacon Explosion: You weave bacon rashers together and then wrap it around about half a tonne of sausage meat which contains MORE bacon, BBQ the whole thing, then slice and die of a sudden yet, I suppose, a happy heartattack. I sadly have neither the funds for half an abattoir of meat or a working BBQ, so I found the next best thing.

Bacon and Beef Loaf (recipe is HERE, and trust me it looks better than the picture on the website... you'll see.) Really simple to make and minimal fuss with the ingredients too.
I added about 60g grated cheddar cheese to the meat and stuffing mixture, but daren't add anymore afterwards! You can if you want to shorten your life significantly.
So ours looked like this, complete with festive birthday candles:

It was so greasy and hot, the candles barely stayed upright in the meaty bacon casing... Disgusting.
I'm happy to say, I think by making this I may have just won the 'Best Girlfriend Ever' competition, judging by the look on his face!!

So make your carnivorous, bacon-lovin' man happy today, ladies... earn endless brownie point; see a change in their willingness to help with stuff around the house (and if you don't, remind them of this!!) and try not to get carried away eating it... I dread to think of the calories. Tom managed just over half of this loaf. WHAT A GUY.

Love, BB xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment